View Vacancy - Cleaner S2 - (12/22 KRT)
Main purpose of job:
The British Embassy in Khartoum invites applications for the position of an Embassy Cleaner in the Estates Team.
The main purpose of the job is to provide high quality cleaning services, the successful candidates will maintain clean premises including the Embassy compound as well as its amenities using the prescribed methods and frequencies in line with the requirements of the cleaning specifications and safe working procedures.
Roles and responsibilities:
Minimum 2 years of previous experience
A good level of physical fitness and health
Thorough understanding of using different tools and chemicals use in cleaning process
Able to use detergents and chemicals in a safe way and following H&S regulations
Dedicated and careful
High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Able to follow job and safety instructions
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of learning and development opportunities in FCDO E-learning and opportunities for on-the-job learning and monitoring.
- 1 Year Fixed term contract highly likely to become permanent subject to performance.
- Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the required elements in the Success Profile Questions section of the online application form.
- Applications that do not include this information will not be considered.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Khartoum are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Sudan.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to; Obtain the relevant permit; Pay the fees for the permit; Make arrangements to relocate; Meet the costs to relocation.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found on this link:
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates
- British Embassy will only contact successful candidates, if you do not hear from us please consider your application unsuccessful.
This opportunity is closed to applications.